DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Under the direction of the Communications Manager, the Digital Media Specialist will be in charge of creating and implementing an aggressive and creative digital media strategy, including the union’s video, photography, website, and social media. This person will also serve as the lead graphic designer for the union’s communications materials, including newsletters, logos, emails, flyers, brochures, social media, etc. This person will work closely with all members of the communications team along with other departments of HGEA to implement the union’s communications strategy.
DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- Develop, oversee, and implement an aggressive and creative digital media strategy that utilizes digital technology and social media platforms to reach HGEA members and the public.
- Shoot and edit videos for internal and external communications, including e-mails, union collateral, social media, website, and news media. This includes short videos posted to social media as well as Facebook/Instagram live videos, and other videos for campaign purposes.
- Significantly grow HGEA’s social media influence with informational and engaging posts for HGEA members and the public.
- Update HGEA website to be user friendly, visually appealing, and up to date.
- Serve as HGEA photographer at events, including field activities, board orientations, community events, press events, political action activities, etc.
- Serve as lead graphic designer for HGEA materials, including union collateral, field documents, website, social media, etc.
- Design, produce and print newsletters, flyers, business cards, business stationery, banners, and other informational or promotional items.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a major in journalism, communications, public relations/marketing, or related field. Minimum three (3) years digital communications, public relations, and/or marketing experience. Demonstrated experience in project management, including handling multiple assignments from conception to completion on deadline and within budget.
Knowledge of: Website development and design (HTML), graphic design (Adobe), social media platforms, video shooting and editing. Knowledge of HGEA, union activities and local government operations is desired.
Ability to: Think strategically, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing; develop, write, design, edit and produce effective informational material in a timely manner and under deadline pressure; identify and/or appropriately respond to news items which may have a positive or negative impact on the organization; maintain a positive working relationship with staff, the HGEA membership, vendors and the general public; promote active communications with all facets of the organization; possess strong organizational skills; drive own vehicle for business activities; work flexible hours; and travel off island as required.
A team player, with the ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, members and external stakeholders.
Represents the organization both internally and externally by exhibiting HGEA’s core values and culture of service with ALOHA.
Application Requirements: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open till filled.